Help Us Grow!
Foko Retail is Ottawa/Gatineau’s hidden gem. We have been constantly doubling our revenue every year with no external funding. Our goal is to delight our new and existing customers with a product that is easy to use, engaging, helps them get their work done, and give them valuable insights.
We are going through an exciting growth phase and are looking for people to help build a company that can sustain many more years of high growth on strong business fundamentals.
We’re a retail communication and task management software company that keeps store teams engaged and focused on getting their work done. Our customers include some of the world’s leading retail brands – like Hermès, Club Monaco, Whole Foods, Under Armour, Converse and Victoria’s Secret.
But we’re just getting started. We have even bigger ambitions on the horizon…
Who does well at Foko:
A few words come to mind when thinking of what defines the Foko team.
• Focus on getting shit done
• Transparency and bluntness
• A constant desire to learn and grow
These are traits of people that do well at Foko. Our team is the right mix of energy and maturity. We are there for each other, and we love to see a team-member push the boundaries of what’s possible.
About the Recruiter / HR Coordinator role:
The team member that will fill this role will be an ambassador for the organization. They will represent the company in the community and be a champion of our culture. Promoting Foko’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity will be top of mind.
What your day-to-day will look like:
• Have regular communication with hiring managers to assess needs, draft job descriptions and provide regular feedback on progress
• Attract top level candidates through job databases, online employment forums, social media, networking events, etc.
• Sort through applications and conduct interviews to fill open positions with the best possible talent with a strong focus on culture fit
• Guide the onboarding process for new hires and smooth their transition into the company
• Keep up to date with employment legislation and government programs that could impact the company
You will thrive if you are:
• An experienced Recruiter with 3+ years of experience
• Proficient in your ability to design and implement recruiting strategies with a focus in the software industry
• Adept at using online talent sourcing tools and have a proven understanding of end-to-end hiring processes
• Skilled at setting up an applicant tracking system from scratch
• Willing to roll up your sleeves and do all that’s required of the job
• An excellent communicator with effective negotiating skills
• Versed with a working knowledge of employment law and legislation
To apply: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org