Why Foko Retail?
If you want to live the life of a fast-paced tech startup with big goals, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Public Relations Specialist at Foko Retail, you’ll be responsible for creating enticing and meaningful press releases for Foko as well as our new product GetWorking.
We offer competitive compensation, weekly in-house yoga classes, a casual office setting (lunchtime Netflix, office dogs, and retrogaming, anyone?), and a lax dress code (jeans and tees encouraged).
For now, because of COVID-19, we’re all working from home. But our team culture is still awesome, and we’ve never been so busy.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Writing various communication materials that are clear and consistent across channels including: pitches, press releases, corporate statements, executive communications, etc.
- Developing and executing PR strategies and campaigns
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant journalists, industry experts/influencers, etc.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Tracking media coverage and industry trends
We’re Looking for PR Specialists with:
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in PR or media relations role
- Experience with research, editing and writing publications
- Bonus points for experience with content creation, social media management, events and other marketing activities
You’ll Thrive Here if You Are:
- Curious and self-directed
- Learn quickly
- Passionate about getting things done and seeing projects to full completion
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and requirements as needed
- Have a willingness to fight for your convictions and know when to keep pressing, but humble enough to admit when you’re wrong
- Able to learn from mistakes, get back up, and try again
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Ottawa / Gatineau area