Help us grow!
Foko Retail is Ottawa/Gatineau’s hidden gem. We have been constantly doubling our revenue every year with no external funding. Our goal is to delight our new and existing customers with a product that is easy to use, engaging, helps them get their work done, and give them valuable insights.
We are going through an exciting growth phase and are looking for people to help build a company that can sustain many more years of high growth on strong business fundamentals.
We’re a retail communication and task management software company that keeps store teams engaged and focused on getting their work done. Our customers include some of the world’s leading retail brands – like Hermès, Club Monaco, Whole Foods, Under Armour, Converse and Victoria’s Secret.
But we’re just getting started. We have even bigger ambitions on the horizon…
Who does well at Foko:
A few words come to mind when thinking of what defines the Foko team.
- Focus on getting shit done
- Transparency and bluntness
- A constant desire to learn and grow
These are traits of people that do well at Foko.
Our team is the right mix of energy and maturity. We are there for each other, and we love to see a team-member push the boundaries of what’s possible.
About the Full Stack Developer Role:
The team member that will fill this role will be responsible for many of the innovative solutions and reusable libraries that will help microservices development at Foko. They will continuously research and explore Azure cloud service offerings and advise on cloud strategy, architecture and best practices for setup and monitoring of environments.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Research and develop POC’s for cross-cutting services.
- Learn, explore and research Azure cloud offerings.
- Collaborate with the Chief Architect on how best to setup and implement identified solutions.
- Develop clean, readable and reusable libraries with adequate test coverage.
- Stay on top of the best practices/trends/tools
Some of your core skills:
- 4-5 years of software development experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working with a cloud service(Preferably Azure) and infrastructure automation tools.
- Have developed applications in NodeJS using Typescript.
- Embrace continuous learning and application of new design trends and best practices for microservices based application development.
- Familiarity with networking, security, reliability and scalability concepts.
- Proficient with SCM tools and best practices(GIT, npm, TavisCI)
You will thrive if you are (bonus skills/experience):
- Experience with Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, Graph database.
- An excellent communicator with a collaborative attitude
- Experienced in deploying enterprise software for real-world use
If you want to live the life of a fast-paced tech startup with big goals, you’ve come to the right spot. We offer competitive compensation, bursaries to attend industry events, weekly in-house yoga classes, and a fun, informal work environment.
Location: Ottawa / Gatineau area
To apply: please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com