Help us grow!
Foko Retail is Ottawa/Gatineau’s hidden gem. We have been constantly doubling our revenue every year with no external funding. Our goal is to delight our new and existing customers with a product that is easy to use, engaging, helps them get their work done, and give them valuable insights.
We are going through an exciting growth phase and are looking for people to help build a company that can sustain many more years of high growth on strong business fundamentals.
We’re a retail communication and task management software company that keeps store teams engaged and focused on getting their work done. Our customers include some of the world’s leading retail brands – like Hermès, Club Monaco, Whole Foods, Under Armour, Converse and Victoria’s Secret.
But we’re just getting started. We have even bigger ambitions on the horizon…
Who does well at Foko:
A few words come to mind when thinking of what defines the Foko team.
- Focus on getting shit done
- Transparency and bluntness
- A constant desire to learn and grow
These are traits of people that do well at Foko.
Our team is the right mix of energy and maturity. We are there for each other, and we love to see a team-member push the boundaries of what’s possible.
About the DevOps Engineer Role:
The team member that will fill this role will be constantly monitoring the charts, graphs and metrics at the centre of the Foko Service. They will be at the epicentre of our SaaS operation and helping to improve our CI/CD workflow. In this role, they will be excited by debugging infrastructure logs to solve a problem and determined to save the company money by optimizing our deployed infrastructure. They will laugh in the face of excessive load as the system automatically scales to their predetermined calculations.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Monitoring the infrastructure through configured charts and graphs
- Collaborate with the Chief Architect on how best to setup the next Microservice
- Prepare for the onboarding of the next HUGE customer
- Participate in discussions with Engineers to debate the best way to implement features
- Help determine the technical roadmap
- Tweak your latest bash script to do more work for you through only one command
Some of your core skills:
- Experience in setting up cloud infrastructure(Preferably in Azure) and infrastructure automation tools.
- Proficient with Linux commands, Linux administration and writing bash scripts.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, networking, security, reliability and scalability concepts.
- Hands on with log monitoring and application monitoring and metrics gathering tools.
- Experience with cluster management(Kubernetes will be bonus).
- Technical and analytical
You will thrive if you are (bonus skills/experience):
- Experienced in setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Able to write NodeJS applications
- An excellent communicator with a collaborative attitude
- Experienced in deploying enterprise software for real-world use
If you want to live the life of a fast-paced tech startup with big goals, you’ve come to the right spot. We offer competitive compensation, bursaries to attend industry events, weekly in-house yoga classes, and a fun, informal work environment.
Location: Ottawa / Gatineau area
To Apply: please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com