Help us grow!
Foko Retail is Ottawa/Gatineau’s hidden gem. We’ve consistently doubled our revenue each year with no external funding. Our goal is to delight our new and existing customers with a product that is easy to use, engaging, helps teams get their work done, and provides valuable insights.
We’re a retail communication and task management software company that keeps store teams engaged and focused on getting their work done. Our customers include some of the world’s leading retail brands like Hermès, Club Monaco, Whole Foods, Under Armour, Converse, and Victoria’s Secret.
We’re going through an exciting phase and looking for new people to help build a company that can sustain many more years of high growth and strong business fundamentals.
But we’re just getting started. We have even bigger ambitions on the horizon…
Who does well at Foko Retail:
Here are a few words that come to mind when thinking about what defines our team.
- Focused on getting shit done
- Transparency and directness
- A constant desire to learn and grow
These are the traits of people who do well at our company.
Our team is the right mix of energy and maturity. We’re there for each other, and we love to see team members push boundaries (and themselves) wherever possible.
About the Business Development Representative (BDR) role:
The BDR is a salesperson-in-training. For a year, you’ll help Account Executives cultivate leads and sell Foko Retail to the top retail companies.
After a year of mentorship, you’ll begin to nurture leads of your own and earn a generous commission for the relationships you help create.
The BDR is responsible for identifying and creating new opportunities for their Account Executive partners. You’ll be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing sales team and will be our boots-on-the-ground solution for building personal relationships and helping our prospective customers succeed. Specifically, you’ll communicate with potential clients via phone, email, and social channels to develop an interest in Foko Retail’s platform and grow our client base.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Strategizing with Marketing and Sales teams to execute on specific campaigns
- Making outbound phone calls each day
- Creative outbound prospecting within your named accounts
- Achieving and exceeding monthly metrics
- Weekly team huddles to celebrate wins and share goals
- Base salary + commission = uncapped earning potential
Some of your core skills:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to think on your feet in a conversation, answer unexpected questions with ease, etc.
- Intellectually curious
- A passion for sales and the sales process
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate empathy for customer struggles and challenges
If you want to live the life of a fast-paced tech startup with big goals, you’ve come to the right spot. We offer competitive compensation, bursaries to attend industry events, weekly in-house yoga classes, and a fun, informal work environment.
Location: Ottawa / Gatineau area
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org